By Sophie O’Hara | February 27, 2020

Man, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are really getting walloped as they exit the fairytale that is royal life.

A life that is mostly funded by taxpayers.

Well, now the Canadian government just announced that they will no longer be footing the bill for Meghan and Harry’s security, which is estimated at $20 million annually.

Canada will stop paying to protect the Duke and Duchess of Sussex when they leave public life next month, the country’s public safety minister has revealed, leaving questions over who will foot the pair’s estimated £20million annual security bill.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are expected to live mainly in North America after Megxit at the end of March and the local authorities had previously said they would shoulder a share of the bill along with the British Metropolitan Police.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau assured the Queen when Megxit was announced in January that Harry and Meghan would be kept safe while living in his country.

But tonight the Office of the Minister of Public Safety said Canada had stepped in to provide security only because they had to, with the royals being designated ‘internationally protected’ people, and when their status changed so would the arrangement. [Daily Mail]

RELATED: Report: Meghan Furious, Lashes Out at Royals “If Anyone Should be Insulted, It’s Us!”

So now these two entitled ex-royals will most likely have to scrounge up $20 million a year to pay for their own security since it doesn’t look like British taxpayers will be picking up the bill either.

It was unclear tonight whether the couple would now foot a larger share of their own security bill or if British taxpayers will be left to foot it.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the development as did Scotland Yard with a spokeswoman saying ‘we don’t discuss matters of security’. [Daily Mail]

Let’s hope Meghan and Harry get a reality show on Bravo stat, or they might have to reassume their royal titles again.

Well, if the Queen lets them…

This piece originally appeared on WayneDupree.com and is used by permission.

Read more at WayneDupree.com:
Report: Meghan Furious, Lashes Out at Royals “If Anyone Should be Insulted, It’s Us!” 
[VIDEO] Gwyneth Paltrow Brags that Her 13-Year-old Son is “Proud” of Her For Selling Vibrators Online
Eric Holder Tweets a Disturbing Warning to Trump on Coronavirus With a Photo of an Assassinated President

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Steve Gruber.