By Wayne Dupree | November 19, 2019
As public impeachment hearings enter their 2nd week and while Americans remain almost evenly divided about whether they want Congress to impeach Pres. Trump and remove him from office; most Americans have tuned out the proceedings.
According to Newsbusters: “Americans aren’t exactly obsessed with the Democrats’ impeachment hearings, it seems. Friday’s second day of live, wall-to-wall coverage drew an average of 12.7 million viewers on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, and the Fox News Channel combined. That’s down from a relatively moderate 13.1 million for Day 1 of testimony on Wednesday.
The OJ Simpson trial, remember that one, the trial of the century, drew 150 million viewers (about 12 times the size) in 1995.
Yawn: 95% of U.S. Adults Skipped Day 2 of Democrats' Impeachment Hearings https://t.co/9Vrk5sZfMZ
— Dan Gainor (@dangainor) November 18, 2019
The bottom line here is that the public impeachment hearings will not change anyone’s mind at this time. Democrats remain committed to trying to dig something up against Pres. Trump, while holding the proceedings, and he continues to respond to their attempts with a mock tweet and off the wall responses signaling his innocence.
The poll was conducted from Nov. 11-15 of 1,224 adults, with a margin of error of 3.5% age points, and 988 registered voters, with a margin of error of 3.8 points.
Start receiving the latest news from award winning journalist, TV broadcaster and radio host Steve Gruber.
A new PBS NewsHour, NPR, and Marist poll released Tuesday shows. :
- 70% said it is unacceptable for a president to ask for help digging up dirt, including 95% of Democrats; 71% of independents; and 37% Republicans;
- 45% said they support impeachment and ouster, including 82% of Democrats,
- 44% said they disapprove of impeachment and Trump’s dismissal;
- 39% of independents, and 7% of Republicans;
- 22% said it is fine to ask for help;
- 8% said they did not know what to think about it.
More numbers include the followings:
- 65% said they couldn’t imagine any revelation that could surface that will change their minds.
- 50% of Americans say they support the inquiry, virtually changed from 52% in October, before the hearings went public;
- 47% said they are more likely to support impeachment, based on the evidence;
- 41% are less likely, based on the evidence.
One story I read was a security guard who was taking a day off, and after he sent his kids to school, he was going to take a nap before watching the hearings. After a few minutes of it, he watched re-runs of the Simpsons. I kid you not.
Claim Your Trump Winter Beanie TODAY So You Can Melt Liberal Snowflakes All Winter!Crafted For Patriots of All Ages & Genders==> Buy Today! http://bit.ly/trump_winter_beanie
This piece originally appeared in WayneDupree.com and is used by permission.
Read more at WayneDupree.com:
Meghan McCain Goes Lower Than Ever, Posts Most Hateful Tweet Yet and Gets Blasted Online
Cali Millennials Paying $800 Per Month For ‘Coffin-Like’ Pods Due to Skyrocketing Housing Costs (Photos)
George Conway Calls GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik ‘Lying Trash’ and The Backlash is Swift and Harsh
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Steve Gruber.